• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breakdance Lessons? Norwich Or Norfolk?

#1 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2002 - 06:55 PM

I want to learn how to breakdance i can do basic moves and certain powermoves but cant find any where in norwich or any where bouts were i live if u can help me i would be grateful. I was gona go practice at the UEA one time but didnt beacause i guess things didnt work out! (Dont worry about it guys) Any help with this wud b thankful!

Oh yeah do any of you know were the nearest bboy / etc battles happen around here? Or if any events are being held?
Peace

:confused: :rolleyes:

#2 User is offline   Bendie 

• Ancient B-Boy
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 May 2002 - 09:43 AM

Force 10 are from Suffolk but I think Kelly does some stuff in the imbred county and Mphatic is from that way

but there is loads a shit going on up your way well there is beat down or whatever it is called this summer last year tuff Kid was there, who the big name bboy is this year no one know

Bendie missing a training session in Suffolk cos hes in prague and its just started raining bolloks

Bendie
sots
Rabble Alliance

absynth is ruff
to crew do you want me to bring sum back!!????

going to berlin to learn multiple airflares next and whoop your arses but whats new!!

#3 User is offline   ''pinnz'' 

• Baby B-Boy
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 11:33 PM

I'm from norwich at uni at moment, do a bit of bboying at lock stock on i think wednesdays in june and july, come down for a jam, Enough of the imbred bendie! peace
''We play for keeps, me and my peeps we run these streets'' Nine

''pinnz'' aka Drunken master

#4 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 11:38 PM

Sounds good to me, problem is il be there 2 learn and watch as id be a bit of a disappointment as all i can do is 6step coffegrinder and 2 90's so no luck there! but il take u up on the offer!:D

#5 User is offline   ''pinnz'' 

• Baby B-Boy
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 11:45 PM

no problem me and a couple others have only be doing it for a year, but force 10 are pretty accomplished

#6 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 11:50 PM

Great in that case maybe a few pointers on some moves, dont suppose any help would be out of the question? I can only do basic moves and powermoves are more advanced do you kno n e where in norwich that teachs?

#7 User is offline   ''pinnz'' 

• Baby B-Boy
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2002 - 11:58 PM

Force 10 used to do workshops but i dont think there on any more, theres a few gigs on in the summer, and maybe some oppurtunities to jam

#8 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2002 - 12:09 AM

Yeah he said or metioned that they were gonna practice/do lessons (which 1 i cant remeber) but it was gonna take place at the UEA but some time passed i thik the idea was forgotten

HEY GUYS GET IT SORTED, IM STILL INTERESTED AND AM STILL WAITING!

#9 User is offline   M-Phatic F10 

• DoysRus

Posted 07 May 2002 - 12:45 PM

Hey, guess what??!!!

It looks like we've got somewhere to practice over the summer in Norwich.

As from mid june'ish, we should be getting hold of Notre Dame school gym with crash mats, trampettes, pommel horse etc. This will hopefully be going on every Sunday for about 2 months and each session being 2 hours. We will not be avertising it as lessons but you'd be more than welcome to come along and practice with us and help you out (As long as you help us with the hire fees! It's 12 p/hour, and there should be around 8-12 of us at each session.

So keep an eye on this board, as soon as its confirmed, I'll let you know.

Oh and Bendie! Not all of F-10 are from Suffolk, how dare you associate us with the S word!;)

#10 User is offline   ukbboy 

• Old BBoy

Posted 07 May 2002 - 07:48 PM

norfolk,suffolk its all the same aint it.....hows it going m-p looking after yourself i hope

#11 User is offline   M-Phatic F10 

• DoysRus

Posted 08 May 2002 - 01:43 PM

Doing alright thanks, getting over a back/neck injury quite well, calming it down on the gigs as work seems to be taking over at the minute but Worm is dieting like a madman, has put himself on an alcohol ban and is trying to get himself sorted for Lords of the Floor in a few weeks. Is Butch still out there?

#12 User is offline   M-Phatic F10 

• DoysRus

Posted 09 May 2002 - 10:13 AM

Sounds good - I may have to come check this out if thats ok.

Who's teaching??

#13 User is offline   JB 

• Administrator

Posted 20 May 2002 - 12:25 PM

Jack,

can you confirm that these dates are still happenning?

Are you organising it?

Cheers.

#14 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2002 - 10:10 PM

Yay!

lessons in norwich can it be? im so excited tho i needed to get a mat today from BNQ cos my old one is shagged! why did i say that? im excited...u say for practise i hope ul be teaching 2! i can only do crap things. i say that but mean basic! glad to hear u got it sorted very chuffed!

#15 User is offline   JB 

• Administrator

Posted 21 May 2002 - 08:59 AM

Jamesey_2002 -

I'm still waiting for Jack to confirm the booking (don't want to drive 50 miles only to find that the hall is not available).

M-Phatic organised a few sessions at that location in 2001 but was finding it difficult to do the same this year which is why I'm a bit sceptical that we have access to that venue (otherwise I'll be booking our usual hall for practice in Suffolk which you are welcome to come along to).

If Jack can confirm the booking and has arranged a music source I'll happily come along and teach you some moves.

#16 User is offline   BEN SWIFT 

• I live here...

Posted 21 May 2002 - 09:11 AM

Down the bottom of the page...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ck_steady.shtml

#17 User is offline   JB 

• Administrator

Posted 21 May 2002 - 09:24 AM

heh, yeah, the photographer seemed to have a 2 second delay with his fingers, we were holding freezes for ages and he'd just catch the landing (obviously couldn't "tell what it is yet" :)).... hence the only photos being of headspins and M-Phatic (who is so slow that the delay didn't matter :D ).

There are some more pictures on one of the links from that page, nothing to get too aroused about though ;)

#18 User is offline   jamesy_2002 

• B-Boy
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2002 - 11:18 AM

sounds great JB :D hopefully it does go through 2 plan, i know its quiet a distance but like you said about rent pay and etc id be more than happy to chipin on expenses towards the renting of the hall :) thats no porblem either!! looking forward 2 seeing u lot soon :p

#19 User is offline   nikki 

• Baby B-Boy
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hey if anyone could answer me, i've been lookin for some where that teaches break dancing for a while now, not for me for my son.
He only 5 but he already does basic stuff and really really loves it!! :D
we moved up less that a year ago from london and now kant find any where that teaches. Or even if some one no's there stuff and thinks they could manage with a 5 year old jus teaching him once a week or when ever your availible would be great he been naggin me now for ages,
Please help anyone would be really grateful.
cheers Nikki. X

#20 User is offline   marko 

• Administrator

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

Hi Nikki

There are training session but not really formal lessons.

Marko
http://www.ukbboy.in...ead.php?t=15555

Gettin' BSE // 20th Feb // 2on2 bboy battle // Track from a hat // The return of the North vs South battle

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users